Succulents Are A Good Way to Say I Love You!
Nothing says “I love you” like a cactus. Well, that may seem a bit too prickly and not what most people think of for Valentine’s Day but maybe you should consider giving the gift of a flowering plant or a succulent for longer lasting enjoyment…and love.
The joy of fresh flowers and chocolates can be short-lived but you can show someone you love just how much you care about them by giving them a gift that will not only be nice to look at but can improve their well-being.
Research shows that indoor plants can be of great benefit. Studies are just beginning to understand the impact indoor air quality has on our mental health and work performance, but so far, the introduction of indoor plants to improve indoor air and reduce pollution points to positive outcomes.
Studies have shown indoor plants:
- Boost mood, productivity, concentration and creativity
- Reduce stress, fatigue, sore throats and colds
- Clean indoor air by absorbing toxins, increasing humidity and producing oxygen
- Add life to a sterile office, give privacy and reduce noise levels
- Are therapeutic
Another advantage to giving a plant as a gift is how you can package or decorate it.
Get creative and plant a succulent or other household plant in
- a heart-shaped container or tin
- a mug with a picture of you and your loved one on it
- a coffee tin or other tin container that you decorate with hearts
- an antique teapot or teacup
- metallic containers like copper or brass pots or pans
Remember that by giving the gift of an indoor plant to your special someone, family member or close friend, you are giving them a gift that will help them breathe in healthier air and feel good. That definitely lets them know you care.